A downloadable game for Android
Do-Nation was designed to address all of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/library/corporate/brochure/SDGs_Booklet_Web...).
It was made in under 30 hours by myself (Aimee Handley) and Nandi Bau.
The idea behind "Do-Nation" is to encourage the community to donate to organisations working towards the UN's sustainability goals. All money spent on micro-transactions would go toward's the player's organisation of choice.
Items which relate to the different organisations thematically can be purchased from the in-game store. For example, items such as trees and flowers would support the environment-related organisations like WWF. The player is given a 3D space (grid) in which they can place items bought from the store. Once bought, an item can be moved around the grid as much as the player pleases. As more items are bought, the player starts to build their own little community.
Due to the limited time and team members, only the front-end of the game could be developed and many features were left out.
If we were to continue with development, the following would be implemented:
- The bottom left "community" button would take the player to a page where they can see statistics about their community such as the top 10 donators (weekly or monthly) for each organisation. Players would also be able to make posts relating to good deeds done and tag organisations of their choice. They would also be able to view, comment and like posts made by other users. Players would be able to 'follow' people of interest. Possible "rating system" implemented.
- The players would be able to share their space with friends and family, either as an image or through the app itself.
- The visuals would be made more appealing
- The player would be able to rotate and move through the 3D space
- More items would be added to the store - enough to fulfill all of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- ponds/water fountains/water parks
- assorted animated animals and people which would walk around the space
- assorted animated vehicles and roads
- Heavier gamification - add a 'clicker' mechanic
- Pay to expand 3D grid/space
- The bottom "information" button would be implemented and take the player to a page where they can view all the Organisations in the application so that they are more aware of the organisations they would be donating to
- More balanced pricing system
- Purchases would be made through google play/ GPay
Any further suggestions welcome!!
Enabling installation of third party apps on an Android™-based smartphone:
- Go to Settings on your phone and switch to the “general” tab, if needed.
- Tap on the “Security” option.
- Tick the checkbox next to the “Unknown Sources” option.
- Confirm the warning message by tapping on “OK”.
Move the apk onto your device storage, navigate to the apk from your device, click on the apk and follow installation instructions.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.